Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Saturday, August 5, 2017

A precious overnight guest and a fairy house!


A few months ago I was at Hobby Lobby and ran across the most wonderful
driftwood birdhouse and it was on sale half off!

I looked at it and immediately knew it would be a great creative project for my
granddaughter Clara and I to transform into a fairy house!

So the right weekend presented itself and we planned for her to spend the night
at Mimi and Papa's and for us to have a creative time together.

Of course, I've gathered nature supplies over the years and had plenty of stash
to pull out for us to use to embellish the little house.




I had so many different types of moss, feathers, seed pods, acorn caps, sticks, straw, etc.
We pulled it ALL out!
And of course I had my favorite glue, Fabri-Tac (kind of like hot glue but cold and it dries so fast!)



Clara is now EIGHT years old and talked my head clean off during this project!
I loved it so much!!!!
She was adorable and told me, "Mimi, I think I may need to drink some milk...
my throat is hurting because I've talked so much!!"
HAHAHA!
Sweet, sweet girl. I pray we made a precious memory for her that evening.





We created the "shelves" from driftwood that were gifted to me from
my dear friend Dorthe in Denmark! How wonderful is that?
I told Clara how far away these little pieces had come that
we used on her little house.



It was Clara's idea to poke a speckled egg into the "chimney"!!! I love it!
The chimney is actually the cap from a large Burr Oak acorn!



Of course, the fairy house was hers to take home and remember our creative night together.
She was so proud of it!!!




A few close up photos of the finished fairy house!





We even had a little time for sketching too!









We had such a sweet time together!
These truly are the good ol' days for sure ~
We slept in our newly remodeled guest room too!

We said our prayers together, sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
and fell fast asleep.
As I rolled over the next morning this was my view.
What a precious angel!

These truly ARE the good ol' days.
I love you my sweet Clara!




I can't believe it's already August!
Time flies dear friends...
I'm looking forward to fall as always.
It's my very favorite!

I hope you are doing so, so good and
thank you always for stopping by
to see what I'm up to!

hugs and love,
Dawn




5 comments:

Rhonda Dort said...

Just lovely!

edy said...

Thank you God for the little people....
precious moments.....

Lana said...

Oh Dawn, you didn't just create a birdhouse, you created memories with sweet Clara.

allthingzsewn said...

What a fun time and great memories for Clara. Precious bird house.

Tamara said...

What a sweet time you had... She's so pretty and she looks so excited! I'm sure she'll remember it forever! And the little fairy house is adorable. These times are priceless! Have a lovely week.

Tamara xo

Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...